Friday, April 01, 2005

My name is Justin...

...and I am a photoholic. I admit it, I have become addicted to photography and to photographic equipment. In particular, I find myself drawn to cameras from the Former Soviet Union (FSU). These cameras are, in my opinion, beautiful cameras. They are simple, and beautiful.

In particular, I am drawn to the Soviet copies of Leicas, namely the FED and Zorki cameras. I currently am shooting with a Soviet Contax copy called the Kiev 4 (made by the same Zaphod Arsenol that made my Kiev 60 I have spoken of before). These cameras are such faithful copies of the Contax's and Leica's they were made after, that they can share the same lenses. I have coming to me right now a FED 2a, FED 2e, FED 3a, FED 3b, FED 5, and a Zorki 4. All are 35 mm cameras which use the Leica 39mm screw mount lenses. I can't wait for them to come....

For more information on these cameras, I would recommend the following two web sites:

http://www.geocities.com/fzorkis/index.html

http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/index.html

My name is Justin, and I haven't shot a picture in almost 15 minutes...

No comments: