Tuesday, October 19, 2004

News from the States

I just received some interesting news from my wife about a good friend of mine back in California. His name is Dave, and he is married to a Ukrainian woman named Anna. They have two children, Anastasia (from Anna's previous marriage) and Vladimir. For the last four years or so, they have also had Anna's Sister and parents living with them. They had sold all of their belongings in the Ukraine, and moved to America (Dave made a huge mistake in this, in my opinion). Dave sells tapestries on the internet, and does pretty well at it. Take a look at his site at www.realtapestries.com if you like.

Anyway, I just learned from my wife that they all had some huge fight about the fact that her parents expected to be taken care of for the rest of their life, and Dave and Anna didn't think they had signed up for that. I guess the fight was pretty big, because everybody (parents and sister) moved out of Dave's house. The parents are apparently moving back to the Ukraine, and her sister has moved out, quite her job working for Dave, and is going to make a go of it on her own. Good luck, especially without a work visa (she is currently in the US on a student visa, which doesn't allow her to work).

At least my wife will have a place to stay for here trip at Thanksgiving, with all the room Dave will have in that huge house.

No comments: