Friday, October 22, 2004

Weather Changes

Talk about a radical swing in the weather! Wednesday was raining buckets, and I mean RAINING. Yesterday dawned cloudy with a little drizzle, and was sunny by the afternoon. Today is sunny and warm, just a beautiful day all around (except that I have to work).

Yesterday was one of those days. I had been having a great week, work-wise, and was busy Wednesday getting a letter staffed through about half a dozen people before it went out to the Japanese Ministry of Environment. I was in such a hurry at the end of the day, that I did the old "edit the copy in outlook, print the copy from the hard drive" thing. I am sure we all have done that, but my mistake got signed by my Colonel, and sent to MOE, before our lawyer caught it. However, when he saw it, he assumed that I had just ignored his comments, rather that making a printing error, so then he was pissed off, so of course my Colonel was pissed of (something you never want to do), and by the time I came into work on Thursday, I was pretty much in the dog house here. Anyway, we called the MOE, and explained the situation, and they were very understanding, and agreed to destroy the other copy, and replace it with the new one (which had only minor changes, anyway, so no big damage was caused). Still, it kind of killed my good week....

My brother and his wife and son are coming out to Japan in December (Dec 10 - Jan 3), and they will be the first people to come out and visit us since we came to Japan just over a year ago (actual anniversary was last week). While they are here, they will travel to China with my wife and step-daughter to see the Great Wall, Tienamin Square, and some other things around the Beijing area. I will stay behind with the youngest two, and then travel to see China at a later date. While they are here, I am planning on taking them to a couple of shrine sales, up to the fifth station on Mt Fuji, and to visit the Imperial Palace on the Emperor's birthday (when they open up more of the palace grounds to the public).

No comments: